Target Audience: Technical
Are you ready to take the leap and start making your very first WordPress plugin?
Wil Brown will be teaching you how to code up your first custom WordPress plugin and he’ll even be teaching you how to get it on WordPress.org!
His talk will cover the following:
• Basic structure (files) required for plugin.
• Functions required to initialise, activate, deactivate and uninstall.
• Coding a simple shortcode plugin.
• Basic shortcode, then one with content, then one with inputs.
• Explaining filters and action hooks – some commonly used ones.
• Where to go to find out more (codex).
• Examples of things you can do with plugins to extend WordPress.
• How to get your plugin into the WordPress.org repository (covering GPL and subversion).
6:00pm Networking, Beer & Pizza
6:30pm Welcome, News & Stuff
6:45pm Presentation Time followed by open Q&A
8.00pm Pub time to continue conversations at the Agincourt Hotel http://www.agincourthotel.com.au/)
Fishburners Venue Location Details: